In today’s fast-paced, high-tech environment, you’re used to both maintaining hardware and deploying required software updates to personal computers and mobile devices. However, when it comes to upgrading legacy automation control systems, you find that executing these tasks can be daunting, especially when your systems have reached the end of their life expectancy. Not only has your equipment warranty and tech support services expired, but costs to manage, maintain and monitor multiple hardware and software platforms have also increased. On top of that, your systems are no longer scalable, and they can’t run the latest software and compatible applications. You understand the need to migrate and modernize your control system infrastructure, but you’re overwhelmed with the enormity of the task. Where do you start?
At MAVERICK Technologies, a platform-independent automation solutions provider, we can help you find the best, low-risk solution to this conundrum. As part of an overall migration plan, we can help you design, build, configure, setup and test a virtual control system environment, while keeping your current operations and infrastructure up and running.
- Reduced hardware footprint
- Scalability (can run up-to-date software and compatible applications)
- Reduced cost of ownership
- Increased reliability and redundancy
- Recovery from equipment failures
- Improved manageability (managing and monitoring both hardware and licensing)
Our process combines a comprehensive study of the challenge, a phased approach to execution and ongoing support — all to ensure your upgrade doesn’t just bring you up to speed, but propels you ahead of your competition for years to come. We review and assess your specific hardware and software design requirements. If, based on this upfront planning a virtualized environment is right for you, we will recommend a virtualization platform that best fits your needs, level of systems integration services desired and roadmaps for providing ongoing support.
- virtualization infrastructure design requirements and recommendations (customize as needed)
- hardware and licensing (servers, storage arrays, network switches and licenses)
- implementation of virtualization infrastructure environment
- hardware and software configuration, setup and testing platform environment (can test remotely from different locations)
- management tools
- virtual machine deployment
- backup strategy implementation (site recovery management)
- vendor hardware and software warranty (customer-owned)